Information about individuals is stored in user profiles within your Hull organization.
A user profile can store two types of data:
- Attributes: Attributes are pieces of information you know about an individual. These can be demographics like gender or location, psychographics like attitudes or personality formation, technographics like available budget and any other information you want to store - this is up to you!
- Events: Events represent all actions linked to a user. Each event has a name like "Signed up" and properties. As for attributes, properties can store simple data, how you use them is up to you.
Attributes are displayed on the left side of a user profile while the events are shown in the timeline to the right:
There are three different types of attributes:
- Reserved Attributes: We have standardized some attributes, you should only use them for their intended meaning.
- Ungrouped Attributes: If you do not specify a particular attribute group, all attributes will be stored in with the default group called
- Grouped Attributes: Most of our Connectors store attributes in groups, so you can easily distinguish the source, e.g. Intercom, and apply logic on top of them. Groups provide an easy way to manage and organize information about an individual.